Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Design Savvy





I would like to take a moment to irradicate a stereotype. We tend to form opinions of countries and the peoples within them.
The Germans are cruel, without humour and infatuated with sausages, the Italians love their coffee and involuntarily shout "Bella Bella" at all passing women, while sitting on Vespas. The Swiss are design centred, produce high quality wooden time pieces and like to eat melted cheese as a main meal. I'm glad to say that my time here has dissoloved these simple and easily formed prejudices.
The following Postcards are my evidence. They speak for themselves, not only are they hideously beautiful they feature some of the most poorly conceived design ideals I have ever seen. It isn't just Torquay, Felixstowe and Blackpool that stoop to this level of correspondance, I'm happy to embrace Switzerland in kinship on behalf of the British people.
Apologies to future recipients.

No comments: